|Type of position:||Full-time|
|Location:||Office-based, London, UK (remote until further guidance)|
|Benefits:||Pension, private health insurance, 25-days paid holiday + public holidays|
|Closing date:||Sunday, 8 November 2020|
The FAIRR Initiative is an innovative investor network. We harness the power of the capital markets to transform global protein production away from an over-reliance on intensive animal agriculture systems. We produce individual company research and thematic reports in which we assess the financial impacts of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues. This research then informs our market-leading collaborative engagements, such as the Sustainable Proteins engagement.
Working with over 250 investors representing $25 trillion in combined assets under management, we help investors and global food companies (retailers, brand manufacturers, livestock, fish and dairy producers) build a more sustainable and equitable global food system.
About the role
We are looking for an ESG Analyst with 2-5 years of experience to help lead FAIRR’s work with global food retailers and brand manufacturers. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting sector and company research, coordinating FAIRR’s Sustainable Proteins engagement with retailers and brand manufacturers and assisting in the development of new workstreams. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and growing organisation that is working to engage the institutional investor community on cutting-edge issues in the area of sustainable food.
- Producing company-level ESG research with an emphasis on the financial impact.
- Producing sector-level analysis on specific engagement themes, including sustainable proteins, for an investor audience.
- Monitoring company activities and keeping abreast of event risks and opportunities with a focus on food technology and alternative proteins.
- Engaging in dialogues with companies and investors on specific ESG themes, including sustainable proteins.
- Engaging with companies at a senior level.
- Drafting calls and meetings notes.
- Presenting key findings to investors and assisting with investor and company queries.
- Data governance; ensuring the integrity of ESG data.
- Assisting with the organisation and management of events related to the engagements.
- Contributing to special projects and other team activities.
- Representing FAIRR at leading external engagements and conferences in the responsible investment and sustainable development space.
- Contributing to FAIRR’s long-term goal of building a sustainable food sector.
Required qualifications and skills
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills with the ability to perform independent research and analysis.
- Previous experience in producing ESG company-level research.
- A clear understanding of the ESG impacts in the food industry.
- A strong understanding of bottom-up analysis and investment processes in either equities or fixed income.
- Fluency and experience in working with Excel and other database management systems, such as Salesforce.
- Experience working with Bloomberg data is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Results-focused with strong attention to detail
- Prioritisation and project management
- Independent thinker
How to apply
Interested applicants should email their CV and cover letter to [email protected]
** Applicants must be eligible to work and reside in the UK